The Outlook Express installation guide explains how to troubleshoot and repair e-mail messages. Setting up a new email account in Microsoft Outlook Express can be a walk in the park, but more often than not, no.
For some reason unknown, it just does not work as expected, right? You may be able to receive e-mail, but you may have problems sending an email or vice versa. This can be very frustrating, but no doubt, it is usually not difficult to fix it, and this Outlook Express Setup Guide tells you how.
The most common reason is that Outlook Express does not send emails that Outlook Express has a defective OUTSIDE MAIL SERVER address. Outbound mail server address is the address of the server that ISP uses to send you an email over the server and the receiver.
- Your Internet Service Provider (ISP). The company that provides its internet connection.
If you do not know the address of the OUTGOING MAIL SERVER or you may not know who the ISP is in your current location, please visit:
- Open the web browser and go to the page www.ip-address.com
- Type or copy the name that appears after the IP address of my IP: & # 39; This is your current Internet service provider.
- Go to the ISP's Web site and search the OUTGOING MAIL SERVER product support section. Most ISPs have good customer information about server addresses.
If you can not find information from the ISP, look for the name found on the + smtp e-mail server (eg AT & T + smtp e-mail server). Many sites list different mail server addresses from different ISPs.
Now that you have the correct outgoing mail server address, open Outlook Express:
- Go to Toolbox
- Select the email account from the list. Click the Properties button
- Select the Servers tab. Enter the outgoing mail server address in the Outbound Mail (SMTP) field.
- Verify that you DO NOT require "Own Server Authentication".
- Select the Advanced tab
- Under Outgoing Mail (SMTP), make sure "Server requires secure connection (SSL)" is unchecked
- Click OK to complete and save the changes
- closes Internet Accounts
If you still have problems sending an email, return to Outlook Express installation and select the Enable SSL check box on the Advanced tab . If you are trying to send an email now, it must work.